News & Events
Festival of Food
Foodlink will host its 10th annual Festival of Food on Monday, September 15, 2014 at the Rochester Public Market. The Festival of Food featured over 100 local restaurants, wineries, breweries, bakeries and farms sampling the best food and drink in the region. It is the best and biggest food and drink tasting event in the region! All proceeds benefit Foodlink.
TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE! Tickets are $50 in advance, $60 at the door. The ticketed admission includes unlimited food and drink all evening long.
Sponsorship and vendor opportunities are still available.
Sponsorship information available here.
Vendor information available here.
Tote Bag Sponsor:
Tasting Plate Sponsor:
Friends of the Festival:
Events & Fundraisers
Our dedicated staff, with the help of loyal volunteers, host events throughout the year. Each event is unique and engaging – thank you to all who participate!
Hosting an Event/Fundraiser
If you are interested in hosting an event or fundraiser on behalf of Food please submit an Event Proposal by email or fax (both can be found on the application)
Please contact Community Relations Manager, Terra Keller at email@example.com or (585)328.3380 x131
City Dining Cards
City Dining Cards are a deck of 52 cards with $10 discounts to all locally owned Rochester restaurants and bars. A deck costs $20 dollars and there is over $500 dollars in savings. If you were to only use 2 cards, you would break even! The best part? 5% of every purchase goes to Foodlink! If you purchase the cards using promo-code: Foodlinkny, Foodlink receives 55% of your purchase. Dine local and fight hunger!
For lists of participating restaurants and to purchase the cards click here. Cards can also be purchased directly at Foodlink. Call Terra Keller, Event Manager at (585)328.3380 x131.
Red Tail Ridge Winery: Good Karma
Red Tail Ridge Winery is proud to support Foodlink doing what they do best, making wine. 10% of the profits from their Good Karma wine goes to Foodlink. For more information on the wine, the winery and where to purchase Good Karma click here.
The app, foodtweeks is working to help people eat better in a sustainable way, and to fight hunger in America.
For every calorie our users “tweek” from their food, foodtweeks™ makes a donation to
a local food bank so they can distribute the same number of nutritious calories to feed a hungry child and their family. There’s no cost of any kind to the foodtweeks™ user.
By following these two simple steps, you can support Foodlink for free.
To learn more: go to http://www.foodtweeks.com/fb/Foodlink
Venison Donation Coalition is a non-profit organization that brings in donated venison, processes the meat, then donates it to Foodlink and other food banks around New York State. The organization brings in more than 37 tons of venison each year, helping secure about 300,000 meals across the state. Foodlink distributes its donated venison to area food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters. Hunters interested in donating deer should call 1-866-862-DEER or go to www.venisiondonation.com.
Newsletters & Press
Recent Press Releases
- Day of Caring at Foodlink
- ESL Charitable Foundation Donates $100,000 to Foodlink
- PrepareAthon Day of Action
- Volunteer Appreciation Week
- Cooking Matters at the Store Tour
- Foodlink Celebrates Healthy Meals for Children
- Foodlink Receives Major Award
- Foodlink’s Holiday Baskets
- Rosa Wims Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner
- “Fill the Bus” Brings in 50,000 lbs of Food
- New Grant Positions Foodlink for the Future
- Hunger Action Month
- Summer Meals Kick-off
- Map the Meal Gap Study
- Finger Lakes Wineries Donate More than $15,000 to Area Food Banks
Hunger Action Month
Hunger Action Month is an initiative to mobilize the public about hunger-related issues. Foodlink, along with other Feeding America food banks, are shining a national spotlight on hunger during the month of September. Events are planned throughout the month to raise awareness about the effort to build a hunger free community.
- Rochester Proclamation: City Hall is designating September as Hunger Action Month. City Hall will turn its lights orange in commemoration.
- Lighting of the Library: The Rundell Library in Downtown Rochester will ‘go orange’ for Foodlink by displaying orange lighting in the evenings from September 9-16
- Go Orange for Hunger: Orange is the color of hunger (the first food stamps were orange). On September 5th, wear orange to show your support and raise awareness. Change your Facebook and Twitter profile and cover pics to orange. Then post pictures online and tag #hungeaction.
- Social Media: Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
- 30 Ways in 30 Days Calendar: A call to action calendar about hunger will be on display at Rochester libraries and recreation centers, as well as several faith-based organizations in the Rochester region. The calendar has easy ways to take action against hunger. Download a calendar today!
- Festival of Food: The 10th annual tasting event is September 16th from 6-9pm atthe Rochester Public Market. More than 100 restaurants, wineries and breweries will offer samples of the best food and drink from the Rochester/Finger Lakes region. Proceeds benefit Foodlink. Buy your tickets now.
- SNAP Challenge: Foodlink and other food banks are calling on individuals in the community to try to live on the budget of a SNAP recipient – $4.50 a day- for one week. Participants, including one here at Foodlink, are blogging about their experiences and they will be shared through social media.
Hunger Action Month is about action. Donate. Volunteer. Advocate. Do what you can to help end hunger is this community.
More resources are available at hungeractionmonth.org.
Thank you to all the participants of the 2nd annual Muxy Ski-Off to Benefit Foodlink. The March 7th event at Bristol Mountain raised more than $30,000!. The charity ski event is named for Gary Muxworthy, a ski pioneer and benefactor who passed away in 2013.
All proceeds benefit Foodlink, the regional food bank and its hunger-related programs.
The Polisseni Foundation
Dual Race Sponsor:
First Federal Plaza
Poker Run Sponsor:
Flaum Management Company
Delmonte Hotel Group
Remax First Commerical
The Ski Company
American Portfolios Financial Services, Inc
Kenney Shelton Liptak Nowak LLP
Woods Oviatt Gilman
Dawn Aprile Real Estate Developer
Irondequoit Lawn and Landscape
Canandaigua National Bank
Converse and Morell
Costanza Family Foundation
Friends of Gary:
Neil, Lynn, Jill Keaton, Muxyworthy
Every year generous members of our community support Foodlink through a variety of fundraising campaigns. Fundraising campaigns raise funds, awareness, and longtime friends for Foodlink.
Check Out Hunger
Check Out Hunger is a point of sale campaign at local partnering grocers. Coupons for $2, $3, and $5 are placed at all registers. Every time you are grocery shopping, say ‘YES’ when your cashier asks if you would like to Check Out Hunger! The money raised from this campaign directly supports programs that help provide hunger relief, eliminate the root causes of hunger, improve health and promote economic development.
Wegmans participated in the fall of 2013.
Participating Retailers January 19, 2014 – February 15th:
Tops Friendly Markets (January 26-February 15)
Abundance Cooperative Market
Big M Clifton Springs
Breen’s Market (Williamson, Palmyra)
Lori’s Natural Foods
Perry Food Market
Wade’s Market Center
West’s Shurfine (Honeoye, Livonia)