News & Events
Events & Fundraisers
Our dedicated staff, with the help of loyal volunteers, hosts events throughout the year. Each event is unique and engaging – thank you to all who participate!
Hosting an Event or Fundraiser
For more information, contact Juliana Stefani (585) 413-4077
Upcoming Events and Fundraisers:
PAMPERED CHEF FUNDRAISER
NOW THROUGH DECEMBER 13
Looking for a perfect gift for a foodie in your life? Check out our fundraiser on PamperedChef.com!
Order Pampered Chef products through the link above and a percent of total sales will go to Foodlink. Pampered Chef also supports Foodlink through the Feeding America Round Up from the Heart campaign. Round up your order and all donations are returned to your local food bank. In addition $1 from every purchase of the Cookies for a Cause Emoji Cookie Cutter set will be donated to Foodlink via Feeding America.
Red Tail Ridge Winery: Good Karma
Red Tail Ridge Winery is proud to support Foodlink by doing what they do best, making wine. Ten percent of the profits from their Good Karma wine goes to Foodlink.
In late October, the winery announced that more than $25,800 has been donated since the fundraiser began!
For more information on the wine, the winery and where to purchase Good Karma, click here.
Festival of Food
Sept. 19, 2016
*** Thank you, Rochester! ***
A quick thank you to all of our outstanding sponsors, talented vendors and musicians and, of course, our supporters who came out to enjoy a fun-filled night at the 2016 Festival of Food!
The weather was perfect and everyone got a first-hand look — and taste — at the best food and drink that the Rochester area has to offer. We hope to see everyone again next year!
Festival of Food, Foodlink’s annual fundraiser, features more than 100 local restaurants, wineries, breweries, bakeries and specialty food purveyors. It’s the best and biggest food and drink tasting event in the region!
Join us Monday, Sept. 19 between 6 and 9 p.m. at the City of Rochester Public Market for Foodlink’s annual fundraiser and celebrate the best food and drink that the Rochester area has to offer. Tickets ($50) are on sale online through Sunday, Sept. 18, and at local Wegmans stores. A limited number of tickets will be made available on the day of the event for $60.
Who’s going to be there? Check out our 2016 vendor list:
(Click the map to enlarge it, or view a PDF here.)
The Festival of Food would not be possible without the generosity from all of our confirmed sponsors for 2016:
Wegmans (Lead sponsor)
Big Apple Deli Products
The Bonadio Group
Conway Beam Leasing
Animal Hospital of Pittsford
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
Hunger Action Month
September is Hunger Action Month (H.A.M.), which is the Feeding America® network’s annual awareness campaign designed to mobilize the public to take action on the issue of hunger. The campaign brings attention to the reality of food insecurity in the United States and promotes ways for individuals to get involved in the movement to help end hunger. Food insecurity affects more than 48 million Americans and 1 in 8 people in Foodlink’s 10-county service area. We need to make sure that no child, adult or senior goes to sleep on an empty stomach.
Events are planned throughout the month to raise awareness about our effort to build a healthy, hunger-free community.
- 30 Ways in 30 Days Calendar: Foodlink’s call-to-action calendar is a great resource on how you can do something about hunger all month long. Check out the calendar below, or print yourself a copy: Full color version | Printer-friendly black & white version
- Volunteer. Donate. Advocate: There are many ways you can help Foodlink better serve our neighbors in need:
- Government Proclamations: City Hall and the NYS Senate & Assembly have designated September as Hunger Action Month. The Monroe, Orleans, Wyoming and Allegany county governments have issued proclamations as well!
- Lighting of the Library: The Rundell Library in Downtown Rochester will ‘go orange’ for Foodlink by displaying orange lighting for the first half of September.
- Take our quiz : Do you know how serious the issue of hunger is in the Rochester and Finger Lakes region? Take a quick quiz to test your knowledge.
- Hunger Action Day: Orange is the color of hunger (the first food stamps were orange). On Sept. 8, wear orange to show your support and raise awareness.
- “On an empty stomach …”: The theme for this year’s Hunger Action Month is that Americans who suffer from hunger cannot reach their full potential. YOU can bring awareness to this devastating feeling by participating in a quick exercise on social media. | Print me out, share with the world
- Social Media: Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. Change your Facebook and Twitter profile and cover pics to orange. Then post pictures online and tag #hungeractionmonth and mention @foodlinkny.
- Festival of Food: The annual tasting event is Sept. 19. More than 100 restaurants, wineries and breweries will offer samples of the best food and drink from the Rochester/Finger Lakes region. Proceeds benefit Foodlink.
- Fill the Bus: Our annual campaign to urge the public to donate food for our BackPack Program, which we coordinate with 13WHAM, Fox Rochester, the CW and Wegmans, runs Sept. 9-24. Look out for details soon regarding a kickoff event on the 9th!
Hunger Action Month is about action. Donate. Volunteer. Advocate. Do what you can to help end hunger is this community.
More resources are available at hungeractionmonth.org.
Fill the Bus
FINAL TOTALS: Thank you, Wegmans shoppers for making this the best Fill the Bus campaign ever!
We received 247,883 pounds of food this month for our BackPack Program! That equates to enough food to fill up about 50,000 bags for children in need.
We collected 50,000 more pounds than last year and went well beyond our goal of 200,000 pounds. Until next year!
Fill the bus and help fill the bellies of hungry children in the Rochester region.
Wegmans, Foodlink, 13WHAM ABC, Fox Rochester, and CW Rochester team up once again for a two-week food drive, “Fill the Bus,” to benefit Foodlink’s BackPack program, which alleviates child hunger on weekends and school breaks.
Our 2016 Fill the Bus campaign runs from Sept. 9-24.
Shoppers can visit their local Wegmans stores and donate suggested items for the BackPack program. Each store has wishlists posted as well as suggested items for sale. Shoppers also could purchase bags ranging from $5 to $20 filled with the most-needed items. All donations stay in the Rochester and Finger Lakes region.
Foodlink operates the BackPack program at more than 80 area schools, and reached more than 4,000 children during the 2015-16 school year. Each Friday or before a holiday, a child is given a bag in their backpack filled with enough healthy, kid-friendly meals to last all weekend. The hope is by alleviating child hunger, these children can be focused on school and success.
In its first two years, the Fill the Bus food drive brought in more than 189,000 pounds of food. Thanks to Wegmans, 13 WHAM News and amazing participation by the community in Year 3, we raised 197,852 pounds of food! Our goal this year is to exceed 200,000 pounds!
Join us to “Fill the Bus” and help children in the Rochester area.
Other important info:
- 1 in 5 children in our area are considered food insecure – which basically means they do not know where their next meal is coming from.
- Suggested items included healthy, kid-friendly food such as: healthy cereal, oatmeal cups, applesauce cups, granola bars, macaroni and cheese, juice boxes (100% fruit), boxed raisins, peanut butter, canned tuna or chicken, canned fruit and vegetables (pop-tops preferred)
Check Out Hunger
FINAL TOTALS: Thank you Wegmans shoppers for your generosity this holiday season! This year’s campaign raised $680K!
Check Out Hunger is a point-of-sale campaign at local partnering grocers. Coupons for $2, $3, and $5 are placed at all registers. Every time you are grocery shopping, say ‘YES’ when your cashier asks if you would like to Check Out Hunger! The money raised from this campaign directly supports programs that help end hunger and to leverage the power of food to build a healthier community.
Our annual Check Out Hunger campaign with Wegmans runs from Oct. 23 through Nov. 26.
In the winter, another Check Out Hunger campaign is held with TOPS Markets and other local grocers.
Don’t forget to Check Out Hunger during your next shopping trip and thank you for supporting Foodlink!
Food for Families
Food for Families is one of the largest food and funds drives for Foodlink, and a collaboration with Tops Friendly Markets and WROC-TV.
We will celebrate the 10th annual event this year on Dec. 9!
WROC-TV will be reporting live throughout the day, with a heavy presence at the Greece location (3507 Mt. Read Blvd.), as Tops shoppers make donations or drop off “Little Brown Bags of Hope” filled with food. Other stores in Henrietta (1225 Jefferson Road), Irondequoit (999 East Ridge Road) and Penfield (1601 Penfield Road) also will feature Foodlink staff members or representatives from some of our partner agencies promoting the event and our mission to end hunger. Look out for Santa, too!
- Leading up to the event, check out the Food For Families eBay auction for some great holiday gift ideas!
- Also, News 8’s Thad Brown and Stacey Pensgen are participating in the Anchor Challenge to see who can raise the most funds for the event. Simply visit our online donation page, select one of them in the designation dropdown menu, and make a donation!
In 2015, shoppers donated $23,000 and more than 60,000 pounds of food!
Thank you to everyone who has stopped by in the past to support our efforts to end hunger and leverage the power of food to build a healthier community. We hope to see you again for another great year in 2016.
Forks & Skis
Forks and Skis is a ski event at Bristol Mountain open to the public for those interested in hitting the slopes while helping Foodlink fulfill its mission of a healthy, hunger-free community. Our 2016 event, which marked the fourth year that Foodlink has been involved, raised more than $29,000!
This year’s event has been scheduled for March 3, 2017 (Noon to 5 p.m). Get your tickets now!
The event was previously named the Muxy Ski-Off in honor of the late Gary Muxworthy, a sports enthusiast who devoted much of his life to raising money for charities through exciting sporting events.
Please check out the Forks & Skis Facebook page with a gallery of photos from the past events.
- Bristol Mountain Lift Pass
- Lunch in the Bristol Mountain Ski Lodge
- Admission in to the NASTAR Open Timing Race (optional)
- ‘Dash for Cash’ (top 8 Mens and Women from the Open Timing Race are eligible)
- One Free drink at our Apres Ski party! The Apres Ski party will feature a cash bar, awards presentation for the ‘Dash for Cash’, and music by the WillBillys!
Thank you to our 2016 sponsors:
Head of the Class
Five Star Improvements
Webster Properties / The Mountainside Lodge
Culver Road Armory
FL Gorman, Esq.
Kenney Shelton Liptak Nowak LLP
Mead Malloy Insurance Agency
Park Ave Bike Shop
Dunkin Donuts/The Ribeiro Companies
Spezio Property Services
Stifel/The Brown Group
Woods Oviatt Gilman
Aloi Materials Handling
AM Stern Roofing
Jeff Balta and Family
Dawn Aprile Real Estate Developer
Donovan Real Estate Services
FDP Management, LLC.
HighPoint Business Park
Leo J Roth Corp.
My House Digital
Pittsford-Brighton Snowplowing and Landscape Services, Inc
The Pierce Family
The Mens Room
Superior Contracting Services (SCS)
Sign and Lighting Services (SLS)
Iron Smoke Whiskey
Jacqueline Hopkinson, Esq / Woodbury Corp.
One Step Tree and Lawn Care
Rochester Home Builders
Village Gate/Gary Stern
Welch & O’Donoghue Surveyors
Newsletters & Press
- 2016 Fall Newsletter
- 2016 Spring Newsletter
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2015 Fall Newsletter
- 2015 Spring Newsletter
- 2014 Annual Report
Foodlink’s monthly e-newsletter
Get email updates about the latest Foodlink news, including events, fundraisers and ways you can help make a difference.
In the news …
- (11/11, 13 WHAM) Rosa’s Thanksgiving feeds hundreds
- (11/11, TWC) For 31st Year, Rosa and Volunteers Give Families a Pre-Thanksgiving Meal
- (11/10, D&C) 93-year-old Wims hosts annual holiday meal
- (11/2, Fox Rochester) Foodlink gearing up for Grocery Run
- (10/24, Fox Rochester) “Nourishing Neighbors” week for Foodlink, Constellation Brands
- (10/23, TWC) Playing a Tune to Spread Message of Hunger
- (10/21, WHEC) Foodlink and Wegmans launch ‘Check Out Hunger’ campaign this weekend
- (10/21, TWC) Dunkin Donuts and Baskin-Robins Team Up For The Joy in Childhood Foundation
- (10/20, D&C editorial) Help farms donate crops
- (10/4, RBJ) Foodlink makes final fundraising push for kitchen facility
- (10/2, WXXI) USDA Grant Will Help Expand Foodlink Curbside Market Program
Recent Press Releases / Media alerts (date sent to media)
- (11/11) Rosa’s 31st annual Pre-Thanksgiving Meal is today
- (10/21) Check Out Hunger begins at Wegmans
- (10/4) Foodlink enters final phase of Community Kitchen fundraising campaign
- (9/30) New executive director hired at FBANYS
- (9/19) Festival of Food is TONIGHT
- (9/9) ‘Fill the Bus’ campaign draws attention to child hunger
- (8/31) Foodlink joins Feeding America to raise awareness for Hunger Action Month
- (8/16) Foodlink’s Curbside Market debuts new vehicle, joins SNAP savings program
- (7/21) Cooking Matters at the Store returns to Price Rite
- (5/14) Summer Meals Fest welcomes hundreds to Frontier Field
- (5/11) Foodlink, officials celebrate Community Kitchen groundbreaking