News & Events
Events & Fundraisers
Our dedicated staff, with the help of loyal volunteers, host events throughout the year. Each event is unique and engaging – thank you to all who participate!
Hosting an Event/Fundraiser
If you are interested in hosting an event or fundraiser on behalf of Food please submit an Event Proposal by email or fax (both can be found on the application)
Please contact Event Manager, Terra Keller at (585)328.3380 x131
November 30-December 8: Food for Families
Various Tops Stores Around Rochester area
Food for Families is a partnership with Tops Friendly Markets and News 8/Fox Rochester as our biggest one-day food drive effort. Thousands of pounds of food are collected each year to distribute to our 500 agencies, like food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters. While donations are collected the first week of December, on-air talent from News 8 and Fox Rochester will be broadcasting live from the Tops on Mt. Read all day on December 6th. There’s even an online auction where you can support Foodlink as well. Click here for more information.
Sunday, December 8: Christmas Benefit Jamboree
Daisy Dukes, 2235 Empire Blvd, Webster NY, Doors Open at 12pm
Enjoy great music at the Christmas Benefit Jamboree for Foodlink on December 8th. Hosted by Karen Starr and Black Rose, the Jamboree features Ray Braselton & Buddy Hart, Ghost Riders, Just Us, Al White & Country Smoke, Wolf Mountain, The Mike Snow Band, and more. Admission is $8 with additional door prizes and raffles. All proceeds benefit Foodlink.
Wednesday, December 11th: ROC the Day
All day, online
Support Foodlink on ROC the Day, a one-day online community giving event. Hundreds of local non-profits, including Foodlink, are participating. Click here to help! As way to say thank you to our supporters, join us for a special happy hour event.
City Dining Cards
City Dining Cards are a deck of 52 cards with $10 discounts to all locally owned Rochester restaurants and bars. A deck costs $20 dollars and there is over $500 dollars in savings. If you were to only use 2 cards, you would break even! The best part? 5% of every purchase goes to Foodlink! If you purchase the cards using promo-code: Foodlinkny, Foodlink receives 55% of your purchase. Dine local and fight hunger!
For lists of participating restaurants and to purchase the cards click here. Cards can also be purchased directly at Foodlink. Call Terra Keller, Event Manager at (585)328.3380 x131.
Red Tail Ridge Winery: Good Karma
Red Tail Ridge Winery is proud to support Foodlink doing what they do best, making wine. 10% of the profits from their Good Karma wine goes to Foodlink. For more information on the wine, the winery and where to purchase Good Karma click here.
Venison Donation Coalition is a non-profit organization that brings in donated venison, processes the meat, then donates it to Foodlink and other food banks around New York State. The organization brings in more than 37 tons of venison each year, helping secure about 300,000 meals across the state. Foodlink distributes its donated venison to area food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters. Hunters interested in donating deer should call 1-866-862-DEER or go to www.venisiondonation.com.
Savings for a Cause
Every year generous members of our community support Foodlink through a variety of fundraising campaigns. Fundraising campaigns raise funds, awareness, and longtime friends for Foodlink.
Check Out Hunger
Check Out Hunger is a point of sale campaign at local partnering grocers. Coupons for $2, $3, and $5 are placed at all registers. Every time you are grocery shopping, say ‘YES’ when your cashier asks if you would like to Check Out Hunger! The money raised from this campaign directly supports programs that help provide hunger relief, eliminate the root causes of hunger, improve health and promote economic development.
Wegmans is participating now until November 30, 2013.
Participating Retailers January 18, 2014 – February 15th:
Abundance Cooperative Market
Big M-Clifton Springs
Breen’s Market- Palmyra
Dark Horse Coffee
Lori’s Natural Foods
Perry Food Market
Wade’s Market Center
West’s Shurfine -Honeoye
West’s Shurfine- Livonia
Thank you for supporting Foodlink!
Newsletters & Press
Recent Press Releases
- “Fill the Bus” Brings in 50,000 lbs of Food
- New Grant Positions Foodlink for the Future
- Hunger Action Month
- Summer Meals Kick-off
- Map the Meal Gap Study
- Finger Lakes Wineries Donate More than $15,000 to Area Food Banks
- United Way Day of Caring 2013
- Egg Farmers Donate to Foodlink
- Amerks Food Drive to Benefit Foodlink
- Concert to Benefit Foodlink
- Hofmann and Wegmans Team Up for Foodlink
- Turkey Drive 2012
- Winning Vendors at Festival of Food
- Foodlink Hosts 9/11 National Day of Service and Remembrance
- September: Hunger Action Month
- Festival of Food Announcement
- Four Stars for Foodlink from Charity Navigator
- BullyHill Food Bank Promotion
- CitizensBank Support Summer Feeding Program
Hunger Action Month
Hunger Action Month is an initiative to mobilize the public about hunger-related issues. Foodlink, along with other Feeding America food banks, are shining a national spotlight on hunger during the month of September. Events are planned throughout the month to raise awareness about the effort to build a hunger free community.
- Rochester Proclamation: City Hall is designating September as Hunger Action Month. City Hall will turn its lights orange in commemoration.
- Lighting of the Library: The Rundell Library in Downtown Rochester will ‘go orange’ for Foodlink by displaying orange lighting in the evenings from September 9-16
- Go Orange for Hunger: Orange is the color of hunger (the first food stamps were orange). On September 5th, wear orange to show your support and raise awareness. Change your Facebook and Twitter profile and cover pics to orange. Then post pictures online and tag #hungeaction.
- Social Media: Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
- 30 Ways in 30 Days Calendar: A call to action calendar about hunger will be on display at Rochester libraries and recreation centers, as well as several faith-based organizations in the Rochester region. The calendar has easy ways to take action against hunger. Download a calendar today!
- Festival of Food: The 10th annual tasting event is September 16th from 6-9pm atthe Rochester Public Market. More than 100 restaurants, wineries and breweries will offer samples of the best food and drink from the Rochester/Finger Lakes region. Proceeds benefit Foodlink. Buy your tickets now.
- SNAP Challenge: Foodlink and other food banks are calling on individuals in the community to try to live on the budget of a SNAP recipient – $4.50 a day- for one week. Participants, including one here at Foodlink, are blogging about their experiences and they will be shared through social media.
Hunger Action Month is about action. Donate. Volunteer. Advocate. Do what you can to help end hunger is this community.
More resources are available at hungeractionmonth.org.
Festival of Food
Foodlink hosted its 10th annual Festival of Food on Monday, September 16, 2013 at the Rochester Public Market. The Festival of Food featured over 100 local restaurants, wineries, breweries, bakeries and farms sampling the best food and drink in the region. All proceeds benefit Foodlink. Thank to all our vendors and sponsors.
Tote Bag Sponsor:
Friends of the Festival:
In Kind Sponsors:
For more information on sponsorship opportunities, click here.