The Foodlink Community Kitchen is assisting the Rochester City School District with distributing meals for children 18 and younger throughout Rochester while area schools are shut down in response to the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Sites that are serving meals prepared by Foodlink and RCSD include:
R CENTERS (8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
- Adams Street, 85 Adams St.
- Ave D, 200 Ave. D
- Carter St., 500 Carter St.
- Tyshaun Cauldwell, 524 Campbell St.
- Frederick Douglass, 999 South Ave.
- Flint Street, 271 Flint St.
- David Gantt, 700 North St.
- Trenton and Pamela Jackson, 485 N. Clinton Ave.
- Thomas Ryan, 530 Webster Ave.
SCHOOLS (Open 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.)
- East Upper & Lower School, 1801 E. Main St.
- Dr. Freddie Thomas Campus, 625 Scio St.
- Former Jefferson High School, 1 Edgerton Pk.
- James Monroe High School, 164 Alexander St.
- John Williams School No. 5, 555 Plymouth Ave.
- Wilson Foundation Academy, 200 Genesee St.
- Douglass Campus, 940 Fernwood Park
- School #42, 3330 Lake Ave.
- School #7, 31 Bryan St.
- School #45, 1445 Clifford Ave.
- School #8, 1180 St. Paul St.
- School #17, 158 Orchard St.
- School #50, 301 Seneca Ave.
- Maplewood YMCA (25 Driving Park); 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Charlotte Harbortown Apartments (4575 Lake Ave.); 10 – 11 a.m.
Foodlink is preparing meals as a grab-and-go options, in order to discourage eating in communal settings and abide by social distancing best practices.
For those seeking emergency food, Foodlink has assembled Emergency Food Supply Boxes for distribution throughout the emergency food network. Learn more about where and when those will be distributed by visiting the link below.